- BuzzFeed Press Release vs. Submitting a News Story Tip
- How to Contact BuzzFeed to Feature Your Story
- How to Submit a Press Release & Publish Directly on BuzzFeed
- How to Get a Backlink from BuzzFeed
- Use AmpiFire to Publish to BuzzFeed
- Frequently Asked Questions
BuzzFeed Press Release vs. Submitting a News Story Tip
While many associate BuzzFeed with a younger audience, their news division appeals to a broader demographic. With in-depth features, investigative reports, and timely news coverage, they cater to an audience that’s hungry for reliable and fresh perspectives. That’s a powerful combination for anyone looking to get their press release or news story tip seen by millions.
Press Release vs. News Story Tip: The Key Differences
When you’re eager to share your story on BuzzFeed, understanding the distinction between a press release and a news story tip is crucial. Here’s a breakdown:
- Traditional Press Release: A press release is intended for wider audiences, often the general public. They are usually corporate or organizational announcements, product launches, or significant event details. This form of content is structured and often includes quotes, statistics, and other relevant information to provide a complete story.
- News Story Tip: On the other hand, a news story tip is more like a lead for journalists. It could be based on insider information, whistle-blowing, or simply something newsworthy that hasn’t been covered yet. Usually, these lack the formal structure of a press release but has the potential to spark a journalist’s interest and lead to a full-fledged article.
Therefore, choosing between the two largely depends on your intent. If you’re looking to announce something to the world with a ready-made story, a press release is your best bet. On the other hand, if you’ve got a hot tip that you think needs investigating, submitting a news story tip might be the way to go.
How to Contact BuzzFeed to Feature Your Story
Reaching out to a media giant like BuzzFeed, Vox, or The Huffington Post can be daunting. But, determining your first point of contact at BuzzFeed is just as important as crafting your press release. Below is a partial list of journalists that work at BuzzFeed.
Contact Information for BuzzFeed
- Tom Warren – Investigative Reporter
- Kelsey Weekman – Freelance Internet Culture Reporter
- Taylor Owens – Editor on the Community Team
Additionally, you can reach out to BuzzFeed directly with you press release or news tip.
For press releases and pitches, please see the mastheads on section home pages for other options. For example, go to BuzzFeed’s Entertainment Section to see a masthead for entertainment contacts.
To contact the BuzzFeed Communications team, email [email protected].
The Do’s and Don’ts of Contacting BuzzFeed
When you’re ready to press that ‘send’ button, keep these tips in mind:
- Research Your Contact: Instead of sending a generic message, find out who the best contact person is for your story. Personalize your outreach based on their beat or past stories.
- Use a Catchy Subject Line: With countless emails flooding their inboxes, make yours stand out with a compelling subject line.
- Provide Value: Always remember, it’s not about what BuzzFeed can do for you, but what your story can do for BuzzFeed and its readers.
- Follow Up: If you don’t hear back within a week, send a gentle follow-up. Journalists are busy, and sometimes things get missed.
- Avoid Mass Emails: BuzzFeed professionals can spot a mass email from a mile away. Tailor your outreach.
- Don’t Be Pushy: If they’re interested, they’ll get back to you. Being overly aggressive can close doors.
- Avoid Attachments: Because of security concerns, journalists often won’t open unsolicited attachments. Instead, provide links or offer to send more information upon request.
- Steer Clear of Buzzwords: Jargon and overused buzzwords can be off-putting. Stick to plain English.
Remember, getting your story featured on BuzzFeed is not just about the content but also about the way you present it. Approach them professionally, and your chances of being noticed skyrocket.
How to Submit a Press Release & Publish Directly on BuzzFeed
Breaking into a media titan like BuzzFeed with your press release can seem challenging, but with the right steps, your story can shine amidst their sea of content. Here’s your roadmap:
Steps to Submitting Your Press Release:
- Craft an Engaging Release: Before anything else, ensure your press release is newsworthy, relevant to Buzzfeed’s audience, and free of errors.
- Tailor for Buzzfeed: Understand the kinds of stories BuzzFeed typically covers. Adjust the tone, style, and content of your release to align with their published articles.
- Identify the Right Contact: BuzzFeed has a vast team of journalists, each with their unique beats. Pinpoint the right editor or reporter who would be most interested in your story.
- Send Via Email: While Buzzfeed doesn’t have a direct submission portal, emailing the right contact increases your chances of being noticed. Use a compelling subject line, keep your email concise, and embed the press release within the body of the email. Attachments might go unnoticed or unopened.
- Engage on Social Media: Don’t be shy to promote your press release on platforms like Twitter, tagging BuzzFeed or specific reporters. This approach might give your release the visibility it needs.
Want to see an example of what your press release will look like once it’s published on BuzzFeed? Check out the examples below!
– Leighton Meester And Robbie Amell Are Seeing Red In New Holiday Movie EXmas For Amazon Freevee From BuzzFeed Studios
– ComplexCon 2023: A Sneak Peek At What’s In Store!
Gaining an Edge With AmpiFire
Besides that, if you’re looking for a way to amplify the reach of your press release beyond BuzzFeed, consider platforms like AmpiFire. It simplifies the distribution process, ensuring your news reaches multiple platforms, increasing your story’s visibility manifold. Learn more about AmpiFire on their website!
Most importantly, remember that persistence pays. If your press release doesn’t get picked up the first time, don’t be disheartened. Refine, revisit, and resubmit. Your story deserves to be heard.
How to Get a Backlink from BuzzFeed
Before diving into the nitty-gritty, let’s clarify a term for the uninitiated. A backlink, in simple terms, is when one website links to another. It’s like a vote of confidence in the content it’s pointing to. Acquiring a backlink from a heavyweight like BuzzFeed can elevate your content’s visibility, boost its credibility, and, most importantly, enhance your website’s search engine ranking.
Steps to Securing That Coveted BuzzFeed Backlink:
- Valuable Content is King: BuzzFeed won’t link to your site without a compelling reason. Ensure your content brings unique value, whether it’s groundbreaking research, a captivating story, or valuable insights that can’t be found elsewhere.
- Engage with Buzzfeed Reporters on Social Media: Reporters are always on the hunt for credible sources. If you share relevant content and insights on platforms like Twitter, and engage with them, they might consider you as a source in their next piece.
- Create Shareable Infographics or Videos: BuzzFeed often embeds multimedia content in their articles. If your infographic or video is compelling and relevant, they might include it in a piece, linking back to your site as the source.
- Write a Guest Article: If you have expertise in a specific domain, pitch an article idea to BuzzFeed. They sometimes accept guest contributions, and within your article, you can include a relevant backlink to your site.
- Reach Out Directly with a Value Proposition: If you’ve got something that’s genuinely newsworthy and relevant to BuzzFeed’s audience, don’t hesitate to reach out. Highlight the value of what you’re offering and how it benefits their readers.
- Stay Updated on Buzzfeed’s Editorial Calendar: Knowing what Buzzfeed plans to cover can give you a heads up. If you have content or insights relevant to their upcoming topics, pitch them in advance.
Remember, securing a backlink isn’t just about the link itself; it’s a stamp of validation from a major news source. It indicates that your content is of such high caliber that BuzzFeed found it worthy of sharing. So, besides chasing the backlink, aim for excellence in everything you produce.
Use AmpiFire to Publish to BuzzFeed
AmpiFire is a revolutionary content amplification platform designed to get your story out to the masses. It integrates with major content networks, publishers, and platforms, allowing users to spread their content seamlessly across the web. By leveraging its tools, users can guarantee that their story reaches the desired audience, including premium platforms. However, it does not currently submit to Buzzfeed.
Features of AmpiFire’s Premium Service:
- Streamlined Publishing Process: AmpiFire simplifies the process of submitting your content to top-tier platforms. With its user-friendly interface, you can effortlessly submit your press release or article to BuzzFeed, ensuring that your content is in the right format and meets the platform’s requirements.
- Diverse Content Distribution: The premium service allows users to distribute content across various platforms, from blogs to social media channels, video sharing sites, podcast platforms, and more. This diversity ensures maximum exposure for your content.
- Content Optimization: Before pushing your content to the desired platforms, AmpiFire reviews and optimizes it for SEO. This ensures that your story doesn’t just get published but also ranks well on search engines, driving organic traffic.
- Performance Tracking: With AmpiFire’s analytics dashboard, you can track how well your content is performing on BuzzFeed and other platforms. This data can provide insights to refine your content strategy and achieve better results over time.
- Dedicated Support: AmpiFire’s premium service comes with dedicated customer support, ready to assist users in getting their content published. If you’re facing challenges or need guidance, their team is a click away.
In essence, AmpiFire acts as your personal content strategist, ensuring that your stories resonate with BuzzFeed’s audience and align with the platform’s editorial standards. Whether you’re a brand looking to get noticed or a business aiming for more visibility, AmpiFire’s premium service can be the tool to catapult you to success on BuzzFeed.
Ready to experience more organic results for your business?
Discover AmpiFire and get your press releases seen on Google News, YouTube, SlideShare, Apple Podcasts and many more…
Click Here To Learn More
Frequently Asked Questions
Compared to other platforms, BuzzFeed stands out due to its vast audience and stellar reputation. When submitting a press release on BuzzFeed, you’re accessing a monthly readership in the millions, with a targeted demographic that’s ideal for various industries. However, like all platforms, it’s essential to tailor your content to meet Buzzfeed’s specific guidelines and audience expectations. Other platforms might offer a niche audience or different engagement metrics, so always consider your goals.
Certainly, publishing a press release directly on BuzzFeed offers a direct line to their massive readership. This method ensures broader visibility and immediate engagement, as opposed to traditional submissions which may or may not guarantee publication. The direct publishing method is akin to having a premium spot, but remember, the quality of the content must match Buzzfeed’s standards.
The secret to professionally introducing yourself to BuzzFeed lies in crafting a concise, compelling pitch that highlights your story’s uniqueness and relevance. Being respectful, understanding the platform’s audience, and providing value are critical.
Yes, when reaching out to BuzzFeed, it’s crucial to keep your communication professional, precise, and tailored to their audience. Do your research and ensure your story aligns with their content. Avoid sending generic pitches or content that doesn’t resonate with their readership.
Submitting a press release to BuzzFeed can exponentially increase brand visibility due to its massive readership. Businesses can benefit from direct exposure to potential customers, stakeholders, or partners. The key advantage over smaller platforms lies in BuzzFeed’s reach and reputation.
Securing a backlink from BuzzFeed involves providing high-quality content that aligns with their editorial standards and offers value to their readership. Remember, a backlink is a vote of confidence from one website to another, so your content needs to be top-notch.
A backlink is essentially a link from one website to another. In the context of SEO and digital marketing, backlinks from reputable sites like BuzzFeed can significantly boost your site’s credibility and search engine ranking.
AmpiFire streamlines the content distribution process, enabling users to submit and optimize their content for platforms like BuzzFeed, though it does not publish on Buzzfeed directly. With its premium service, you get tools for SEO optimization, performance tracking, and more, all geared towards enhancing your content’s visibility.
While AmpiFire stands out for its comprehensive features and user-friendly interface, alternatives like PRWeb and Newswire also offer press release distribution. However, AmpiFire’s premium service, with its diverse content distribution and optimization tools, often gives it an edge.
Absolutely. AmpiFire’s premium service distributes content across various platforms, from blogs to social media channels, video sharing sites, podcast platforms, and beyond, ensuring your story gets maximum exposure.