- Calgary Herald Press Release vs. Submitting a News Story Tip
- How to Contact Calgary Herald to Feature Your Story
- How to Submit a Press Release & Publish Directly on Calgary Herald
- How to Get a Backlink from Calgary Herald
- Use AmpiFire to Publish to Calgary Herald
- Frequently Asked Questions
Calgary Herald Press Release vs. Submitting a News Story Tip
If you’re looking to gain traction in the Canadian region, Calgary Herald is undeniably one of the platforms you might want to consider. With its established reputation and a vast readership, it’s a prime choice for many businesses and individuals looking to get their stories out there. Below is more key information on the Calgary Herald:
|Target Audience:||Local, Interested in local news, events, business, and cultural happenings.|
|Coverage:||Local and World News, Business, Arts, Sports|
Press Release vs. News Submission: Know the Difference
Here’s where many get tangled up: the difference between submitting a press release directly on Calgary Herald and sending in a news story tip.
- Submitting a Press Release Directly: This is where you have a polished, well-crafted piece that’s ready for publication. It’s essentially your news, event, or announcement molded into a newsworthy format. Once approved, this piece can go live on Calgary Herald’s platform, reaching its vast audience.
- News Submission (Sending a Story Tip to a Journalist): Think of this as giving journalists a nudge. You’re pointing them to something newsworthy, something you believe should get coverage. It’s more of a pitch than a polished piece. If they bite, they’ll craft the story, potentially interview you, and then publish it. It’s less direct control for you but can often lead to more in-depth coverage.
Calgary Herald is a goldmine for those looking to enhance their visibility in the Canadian market. Whether you’re opting for a direct press release or pitching a news story, this platform offers a valuable opportunity to communicate with a relevant audience. Remember, it’s not just about getting your story out; it’s about reaching the right people who would resonate with your message. Choose wisely!
How to Contact Calgary Herald to Feature Your Story
First things first, let’s talk about introducing yourself to the Calgary Herald. Remember, first impressions count. Begin with a professional, concise introduction that highlights who you are, your affiliation or company, and the purpose of your contact.
Contact Information for Calgary Herald
Before even writing your press release, it’s critical to determine the best point of contact for your press release. Below is a partial list of journalists that work for the Calgary Herald and other ways of contacting the platform with your press release.
- Hiren Mansukhani – Reporter
- Brodie Thomas – Municipal Affairs Reporter
Additionally, you can reach out to the Calgary Herald with your press release by sending it to [email protected].
You can also refer to the Calgary Herald Contact Page for more information on how to contact the newsroom.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Contacting Calgary Herald
Now, let’s dive into the essentials: the do’s and don’ts when you’re trying to get your story featured.
- Research: Know the kind of stories Calgary Herald publishes. Tailoring your pitch to align with their content increases your chances of getting noticed.
- Be Concise: Get to the point quickly. Journalists are busy; they appreciate brief, well-organized pitches.
- Provide Value: Your story should offer something beneficial or interesting to their readers. Ask yourself, “Why would their audience care about this?”
- Spam: Sending multiple follow-ups in a short period can be counterproductive.
- Oversell: Avoid exaggerating claims about your story. Stick to factual, compelling information.
- Be Vague: Unclear, ambiguous pitches are likely to be overlooked. Be specific about what your story is and why it’s important.
Getting your story featured in the Calgary Herald is all about how you present both yourself and your story. Stay professional, clear, and concise. Make sure your story aligns with their content and adds value to their audience. With a compelling pitch, you’re one step closer to seeing your story in one of Calgary’s most read newspapers.
How to Submit a Press Release & Publish Directly on Calgary Herald
Submitting a press release to Calgary Herald can seem like an uphill task, but when done right, it can offer unparalleled benefits. So, let’s break down the process and dive into why it’s an advantageous move for your business.
Step-by-Step Guide to Press Release Submissions
- Prepare Your Content: Start by crafting a well-structured press release. Ensure it’s newsworthy, concise, and adheres to the standard press release format.
- Identify the Relevant Department: Calgary Herald covers a range of topics, so make sure your content reaches the right eyes. Check their website to identify which department or editor would be the most appropriate for your release.
- Contact via the Official Channels: Once you’ve identified the appropriate department, use the official contact information or submission form provided by Calgary Herald. Be sure to follow any specific guidelines they set for press release submissions.
- Follow Up, But Don’t Pester: If you don’t receive a response within a week, it’s okay to send a follow-up email. However, refrain from bombarding them with messages.
AmpiFire: Streamlining the Process
If you’re looking to amplify the reach of your press release, platforms like AmpiFire can assist in distributing your content, not just to Calgary Herald but to a multitude of other relevant platforms. It’s a game-changer for those seeking maximum visibility. It’s not just about getting your story published; it’s about ensuring it reaches the right audience. AmpiFire works by distributing your press release to a network far beyond the Calgary Herald, including various high-authority news sites, blogs, and social media platforms. To learn more about AmpiFire and it’s services, check out their official website.
Getting your press release directly published on Calgary Herald can massively elevate your business’s profile. By ensuring your content aligns with their guidelines, and by harnessing the power of platforms like AmpiFire, you’re setting the stage for unparalleled exposure and success.
How to Get a Backlink from Calgary Herald
Securing a backlink from a renowned news outlet like Calgary Herald is a potent tool in your SEO arsenal. But first, let’s break down what a backlink is: it’s a link from one website to another. In the SEO world, getting a link from a credible site like Calgary Herald, Montreal Gazette, or MSN Canada to your website can skyrocket your site’s authority and search ranking. So, how do you snag that coveted backlink?
Steps to Secure The Backlink
- Quality Content is King: Craft a press release or story pitch so compelling that Calgary Herald can’t help but want to share it with their readers. High-quality, relevant content is your ticket in.
- Make Your Pitch Perfect: When you submit your story or press release, tailor it to Calgary Herald’s style and readership. A targeted, well-written pitch increases your chances of not just getting published, but also earning a backlink.
- Build Relationships: Networking with journalists and editors at Calgary Herald can go a long way. Establish a rapport and understand their content needs. If they view you as a credible source, they’re more likely to feature your content with a backlink.
- Leverage Your Expertise: Offer valuable insights or unique data that Calgary Herald can use in their articles. They might credit your expertise with a backlink to your site.
- Follow Up, But Respectfully: If your content gets published without a backlink, a polite follow-up requesting the addition can sometimes do the trick. Remember, editors are busy folks, so keep it courteous and concise.
Most importantly, remember that backlinks should be a byproduct of your quality contributions. A backlink from Calgary Herald is more than just an SEO boost; it’s a nod of credibility from a respected entity. Strive for creating content that merits this acknowledgment, and the backlinks will follow.
Use AmpiFire to Publish to Calgary Herald
Navigating the maze of publishing can be challenging. Therefore, utilizing platforms like AmpiFire can drastically simplify the process. How so? Most importantly, AmpiFire isn’t just another tool – it’s an all-in-one powerhouse for content distribution. Think of it as your silent partner, working tirelessly in the background to get your content out there.
But currently, AmpiFire doesn’t submit press release on your behalf to Calgary Herald. Yet, it can still help bring traffic to your site from other high-authority sites like The Globe and Mail.
AmpiFire’s Premium Service: An Overview
Beyond the usual offerings, AmpiFire’s premium service is like having a backstage pass in the world of content distribution. Here are some details:
- Custom Campaigns: Tailored to your needs, these campaigns give you the edge over generic outreach strategies.
- Dedicated Support: Get expert advice, feedback, and assistance throughout your publishing journey.
- Extended Network: The premium service grants access to an even broader range of top-tier sites and platforms.
Time to experience distribution done-for-you and see more organic results!
Discover AmpiFire and get your press releases be seen on Google News, YouTube, SlideShare, Apple Podcasts and many more…
Click Here To Learn More
Looking for a way to boost your business’s visibility and credibility? Consider publishing your next press release with Calgary Herald – it might just be the game-changer you need. What’s holding you back from taking this step?
Frequently Asked Questions
While AmpiFire does not submit directly to Calgary Herald, it can be a useful tool in helping build your business. Unlike traditional pitching, which can be hit-or-miss and demands significant time and expertise in crafting the right message, AmpiFire simplifies this with its established network and direct publishing capabilities. However, it’s worth noting that this convenience comes with the cost of a service fee, unlike direct, personal outreach which is free but more labor-intensive.
Submitting a press release directly to sites other than Calgary Herald through AmpiFire offers targeted local exposure. In contrast, PR Newswire has a broader, more global reach. AmpiFire is ideal for focused, regional coverage, while PR Newswire should be your go-to for widespread dissemination.
Absolutely, you can expect a backlink from Calgary Herald, especially when your press release is well-crafted and newsworthy. The value of a backlink from such a reputable source is high, as it boosts your SEO, enhances credibility, and drives targeted traffic. However, it’s crucial to understand that the quality of your content significantly influences the likelihood of receiving a backlink.
The key difference between a press release and a news story tip lies in their content and purpose. A press release is a formal, structured announcement about your business or event, aimed broadly at consumers and industry alike. In contrast, a news story tip is usually a concise, intriguing lead aimed at journalists, potentially leading to more in-depth coverage. Press releases are about widespread information, while story tips are about sparking journalistic interest.
To introduce yourself professionally to Calgary Herald, start with a concise, impactful email that highlights your unique angle or story, clearly outlines your proposition, and why it matters to their readers. Personalization and understanding the Herald’s audience are key. Being overly salesy or vague might reduce your chances of getting noticed.
Certainly, there are dos and don’ts. Do personalize your pitch, ensure relevance to Calgary Herald’s readership, and be concise yet informative. Don’t spam with follow-up emails, send irrelevant content, or neglect to research the type of stories they typically publish. Understanding and respecting these nuances can significantly increase your chances of success.
When trying to secure a backlink from Calgary Herald, focus on creating high-quality, relevant content that aligns with their editorial standards and audience interest. High-quality content that provides value to the readers is more likely to be linked. However, there’s no guarantee of a backlink, as editorial decisions are based on content merit and alignment with the Herald’s interests.
Submitting a press release to Calgary Herald can be highly beneficial for your business. It offers targeted exposure, enhances brand credibility, and can directly reach your local audience in Calgary. The primary drawback is that it’s a single-channel approach, so considering a multi-channel strategy for wider reach is advisable.
Using AmpiFire provides a degree of control over your story since you can craft your message and choose its dissemination through the AmpiFire network. However, remember that ultimate control still lies with Calgary Herald’s editorial guidelines and discretion, similar to other platforms like Business Wire or GlobeNewswire.
The risk involved in using AmpiFire is minimal. It’s a reliable and efficient service for content distribution. However, keep in mind that, like any third-party service, there are costs involved and the success of your content distribution also depends on the newsworthiness and quality of your press release.