- MSN Canada Press Release vs. Submitting a News Story Tip
- How to Contact MSN Canada to Feature Your Story
- How to Submit a Press Release & Publish Directly on MSN Canada
- How to Get a Backlink from MSN Canada
- Use AmpiFire to Publish to MSN Canada
- Frequently Asked Questions
MSN Canada Press Release vs. Submitting a News Story Tip
Let’s delve into the dynamics of MSN Canada. Recognized as one of Canada’s top news outlets, MSN Canada reaches millions of readers every month, making it a gold mine for businesses and individuals looking to get their stories out. Most importantly, it’s essential to understand the difference between publishing a press release directly on MSN Canada and submitting a traditional news story tip.
Press Release vs. News Submission: What’s the Difference?
There’s often confusion about what a press release and a news submission are, so let’s clear that up:
- Press Release: This is a formal announcement you make about your business or personal brand. Perhaps you’re launching a new product, hosting a significant event, or announcing a merger. Press releases are crafted in a way that they’re ready to be published as-is. When you submit a press release directly to MSN Canada, you’re hoping it gets featured as a standalone piece.
- News Submission: This is more like a tip or suggestion for a potential story. Instead of presenting a ready-to-publish article, you’re nudging journalists and editors about a particular story angle. The MSN Canada team will then review and determine whether to expand your suggestion into a comprehensive article.
Navigating the nuances of news and announcements is key to getting your story noticed instead of overlooked. It’s vital to understand whether your goal is to broadcast a specific announcement, making a press release the ideal choice, or to propose a wider story concept, for which a news submission is more suitable. Additionally, being aware of your audience and shaping your story accordingly can greatly enhance the likelihood of your story being picked up.
How to Contact MSN Canada to Feature Your Story
When it’s time to put your story in front of MSN Canada’s audience, first impressions are everything. Therefore, understanding which contact at MSN Canada is the best for your content is paramount.
Contact Information for MSN Canada
Below is a partial list of journalists that work for MSN Canada.
- Stephanie McGrath – Editor
- Mark Stanisz – Vertical Lead
- Tamar Atik – Digital Editor
- LinkedIn: https://ca.linkedin.com/in/tamar-atik
You may also be able to contact MSN Canada directly through their Facebook Page.
Do’s and Don’ts When Contacting MSN Canada
- Follow Submission Guidelines. If MSN Canada has specific guidelines for story submissions or press releases, adhere to them meticulously. This shows respect for their process.
- Be Concise yet Informative. Keep your email or message clear and to the point, but make sure to include all necessary details. Think of it as an elevator pitch.
- Be Over-Persistent. Following up is fine, but give them some breathing room. Bombarding them with emails or calls is a quick way to get your story disregarded.
- Spam Generic Messages. Blanket, impersonal messages are easy to spot and often ignored. Tailor your communication to MSN Canada’s style and readership.
Remember, successfully getting your story featured on MSN Canada hinges not just on the story itself, but how you pitch it. It’s about striking that perfect balance between professionalism, enthusiasm, and relevance to their audience.
How to Submit a Press Release & Publish Directly on MSN Canada
If you’ve got a story that needs sharing through MSN Canada, submitting a press release is your direct line. Here’s how you can do it, step by step.
The Guide To Submission
- Prepare Your Press Release: Before anything else, make sure your press release is newsworthy, well-written, and follows the classic format – catchy headline, concise summary, informative body, and a solid boilerplate with contact information.
- Tailor to MSN Canada’s Style: Align your press release with the style and tone prevalent on MSN Canada. They cater to a wide audience, so ensure your content is engaging and accessible.
- Find the Right Contact: As mentioned earlier, sending your press release to the right person increases its chances of being picked up. Look for editors or journalists who cover your niche or industry.
- Send and Follow Up: Once you’ve sent your press release, wait for a reasonable period, then follow up politely. Remember, persistence pays but patience is a virtue.
Simplifying Distribution: AmpiFire
Now, while submitting a press release to MSN Canada sounds straightforward, it can be challenging to navigate the nuances of press release distribution. Here’s where AmpiFire comes into play. It’s a comprehensive platform designed to ease the distribution of your content across various channels, including high-profile news sites like MSN Canada. Learn more about AmpiFire on their official website!
While not a magic bullet, AmpiFire can streamline the process, saving time and potentially increasing your story’s reach. Keep in mind, every tool has its limits, and a hands-on approach to your press release strategy should always be your top priority.
How to Get a Backlink from MSN Canada
Backlinks are like digital thumbs-up. They’re links from other websites to yours. When heavyweights like MSN Canada link to your site, it’s a big deal. Search engines see these links as a vote of confidence, often boosting your site’s ranking and visibility. So, how do you snag one from MSN Canada?
How to Secure That Coveted Backlink
- Quality Content is King: It all starts here. If your content isn’t top-notch, forget about quality backlinks. Your press release or story must be compelling, well-written, and newsworthy.
- Make Your Content Relevant: MSN Canada covers a diverse range of topics, but it’s crucial to align your content with their audience. Relevant, timely, and informative content is more likely to get picked up and linked back to.
- Utilize Multimedia: Incorporate high-quality images, videos, or infographics in your press release. MSN Canada, like many platforms, appreciates visually engaging content, increasing the chances of it being featured and linked.
- Follow SEO Best Practices: Optimize your press release with keywords, but keep it natural. Overstuffing keywords can do more harm than good.
- Build Relationships: Networking with journalists and editors at MSN Canada can go a long way. Understand their content needs and see how your story can fit into their publication agenda.
- Be Newsworthy: What makes your story stand out? Unique, impactful stories with a fresh perspective are more likely to be picked up by MSN Canada and other major platforms.
- Follow Up, But Don’t Pester: After submitting your press release, a gentle follow-up can remind editors of your story. However, too much nagging might land your future releases in the ignored pile.
Remember, securing a backlink from a site like MSN Canada, National Post, or ABC News doesn’t happen overnight. It’s about consistency, quality, and a bit of networking. Stay persistent, and when your story does get picked up and linked back to, it can significantly elevate your online presence and credibility.
Use AmpiFire to Publish to MSN Canada
Currently, AmpiFire does not distribute to MSN Canada. Navigating the intricacies of press release distribution can be daunting. AmpiFire emerges as a solution, particularly for gaining a foothold on various platforms. This comprehensive, premium service simplifies the process, making it more accessible for businesses and individuals to get their stories featured on this prestigious site. For businesses looking to enhance their media presence, capitalize on SEO, and ensure their stories are both seen and heard, AmpiFire offers a comprehensive, premium solution.
The AmpiFire Premium Difference
- Enhanced Visibility: By publishing through AmpiFire, your content is not just limited to sites like MSN Canada. AmpiFire’s already extensive network includes additional high-authority sites when you choose premium, amplifying your message across various media outlets, and increasing your story’s reach and impact.
- Quality and Compliance: Most news sites have stringent guidelines for content quality and relevance. AmpiFire helps ensure that your press release meets these standards, thereby enhancing the chances of your content being accepted and published.
- Tracking and Reporting: Once your press release is distributed, AmpiFire provides detailed tracking and reporting services. This insight allows you to understand the performance of your release, giving valuable data to refine future marketing strategies.
AmpiFire acts as a bridge, connecting your stories with high-profile platforms like MSN Canada. The investment in such a service not only saves time and resources but also significantly increases the chances of your press release making a notable impact on a prestigious platform like MSN Canada.
Give your content an edge with distribution done-for-you.
Discover AmpiFire and get your press releases be seen on Google News, YouTube, SlideShare, Apple Podcasts and many more…
Click Here To Learn More
Submitting your story to MSN Canada, getting a backlink, or choosing the right platform can be a tricky process, but it’s definitely worth the effort for the visibility and credibility it adds to your brand or story. Did you know you can amplify your chances of getting featured by using platforms like AmpiFire? Let’s weigh the pros and cons – do you think specialized services are worth the investment for better outreach and impact?
Frequently Asked Questions
MSN Canada, unlike other news platforms, offers a more focused audience primarily in Canada, which is great for targeting this demographic specifically. However, unlike broader platforms such as CNN or BBC, it might not give global exposure. I find this limiting if I’m aiming for an international audience.
Yes, you can submit a press release to MSN Canada, but it’s not as straightforward as I initially thought. It requires navigating through a submission process that is more complex compared to platforms like PR Newswire, where submission feels more user-friendly and intuitive.
Absolutely! A backlink from MSN Canada is a valuable asset for SEO because it comes from a reputable and high-authority site. This backlink has a stronger impact compared to lesser-known sites, significantly boosting my website’s search engine credibility.
Introducing yourself to MSN Canada requires a clear, concise, and professional approach. Mentioning specific accomplishments and relevance to their audience works better than a general intro, which I realized is often ignored.
Yes, when contacting MSN Canada, it’s crucial to avoid being too salesy or irrelevant. They prefer content that resonates with their Canadian audience, which is something other platforms like Yahoo News may not be as strict about.
AmpiFire’s premium service stands out because it not only aids in publishing content on premium platforms but also offers additional services like SEO optimization and a broader media reach. This is something I missed when using basic services like PRWeb.
Using MSN Canada for press releases has the key advantage of targeting a specific, Canada-focused audience, which I found beneficial for localized marketing strategies. However, for a more diverse audience, Reuters or AP News might be better alternatives.
To ensure your press release is accepted by MSN Canada, it must adhere to high-quality standards, be relevant, and engaging to their Canadian audience. This contrasts with my experience using platforms like BuzzFeed, where the content can be more varied and less formal.
MSN Canada does provide options to contact them directly for news story tips, but the response time and publication can be uncertain. This contrasts with platforms like The New York Times or The Guardian, where the submission process and feedback loop seemed more transparent and efficient to me.