As a journalist, I want to be a credible source of information and analysis for my readers. Being an industry expert helps me in that. As a company owner, I also want to get my story out in the world.
PR is not just about telling people what we do, but helping others understand why they should care—and ideally pay attention to us and our work! We all know there are countless blogs and news sites with articles listed by topics on almost every interesting topic you can think of. But how can you break through the noise?
If you’re looking for advice on how to get published on high authority news site Bloomberg.com, Yahoo News, Nasdaq, MarketWatch, read this post to discover insider tips from a successful writer who has published pieces on several high-authority news sites already (not easy! … unless you have the right approach and tools, which I’d be happy to reveal to you in this post).
Why Should You Care About Being Published on Bloomberg?
If you want to boost your credibility, attract new customers, and drive more traffic to your website, publishing on high authority news sites like Bloomberg can help.
Bloomberg has 35 million visitors per month, and a domain authority of 94 and is a worldwide respected brand. If given the chance every brand should publish at least once on a site like this.
Being published on high authority news sites like Bloomberg has many benefits:
You become a trusted source of information. If you get published regularly on sites that are read by your target audience, you become a trusted source of information.
You can increase your company’s online visibility and can proudly add the “as seen on Bloomberg” trust badge to your website for even more credibility.
You can expect to receive a boost in site ranking in organic search results as a result of the Bloomberg “authority spill” .
Step 1: Know Your Target Audience And Why They Should Care
You’ll want to identify your audience and find out what their pain points are. This way, you can create content that addresses those issues.
You can then promote that content to your audience so they can reach out to you. It’s normal to have to try several times before getting published on a big news site.
So, make sure you’re building your network by interacting with people in your industry on social media, at events, and through email newsletters. When you’re starting out, it’s a good idea to narrow the focus of your articles.
For example, if you manage a real estate investment firm, you could write about the benefits of commercial property versus residential property.
Step 2: Write An Amazing Headline And Brief 3-Sentence Summary
Your headline should be attention-grabbing, but also clear about what the article is about. The headline could be the deciding factor in whether or not someone clicks on your article, so make sure it’s strong.
Doing research to find out what your readers are interested in can help you write a great headline. Notice how I’ve also included a brief 3-sentence summary at the beginning of each section.
This section should clearly state what the article is about and summarize the key points that are covered in the article. Keep it short and to the point. If you’re not sure how to write a summary and a headline that gets clicks, here are a few tips:
– Start by writing the headline first, then the summary.
This way, you’ll know if the headline and first sentence works with the rest of the article.
- Use the inverted pyramid structure when you write your summary. Start with the most important information at the top, and then work your way down. Don’t put all the details and facts at the top.
- If you’re having trouble with the headline or summary, try reading it out loud. This can help you identify weak parts that need to be tweaked.
- If you have a catchy, interesting title without much content, your article will get more clicks.
Step 3: Leverage Your Company’s Assets
If you’ve been in business for a while, you likely have some press releases, white papers, and other content on your website. If you want to get published on Bloomberg, or any news site for that matter, you need to dig up and organize these assets.
You can leverage your company’s assets by publishing these online and then reaching out to the editor of a high authority news site so you can get published on Bloomberg.
You can easily find the contact information for various editors by searching for their name on Google or LinkedIn (or you can skip this part all together by utilizing our favorite tool … read further to learn more)
Step 4: Find The Right Contact At Bloomberg And Other News Sites
You can find the right contact person at Bloomberg and other high-authority news sites by doing a Google search.
When you’re researching who to send your article idea to, do an Internet search using the following terms:
– Title of the publication (for example, “Bloomberg Businessweek”) + “send a tip” – Title of the publication + “send article”
For example, if you work for a software company that has developed a product for small business owners, “Bloomberg Businessweek” + “send a tip” would bring up a contact form where you can submit your article.
Step 5: Pitch Your Piece to Editors
One of the most important things to remember is that Bloomberg has a strict set of guidelines which must be followed in order for your pitch to be considered for publication.
Some of these include:
– The pitch must be written in a clear, concise format.
– The pitch must include a brief but compelling summary of what the story is about.
– The pitch must clearly state the angle or angle(s) the reporter can take with the story.
– The pitch must include the name of the reporter who will write the story.
– The pitch must include contact information, including email address and phone number.
– The pitch must demonstrate that there is a potential audience for the story, whether through social media platforms or other sources.
There are three possible outcomes when pitching your story to the Bloomberg Editorial team:
1) Your pitch is accepted (Oh, yeah!) : The Editorial team agrees that your story meets their editorial standards and decides to publish it.
2) Your pitch is rejected (Noooooo!) : The Editorial team decides that your story does not meet their standards, so they decline to publish it.
3) Your pitch is accepted with revisions: The Editorial team agrees that your story meets their standards but requires a few minor changes before publishing it.
Once you start getting published, you’ll see your reputation grow and your business will start taking off.
How To Increase Your Chances Of Being Published on Bloomberg?
The media landscape today is a vast and complex place. Getting your work published is notoriously difficult. It takes time, energy and patience to find an agent or editor willing to take a chance on your press release. And pitching a story means spending hours crafting a convincing case for why your news should be picked over all the other submissions pouring into every inbox in town.
Fortunately, there are a number of tools that can help you stand out from the crowd.
You can increase your chances of being published on a high authority news site like Bloomberg by following these three tips:
– Find a top industry influencer, and ask them to introduce you to the editor. This can be easier said than done, but it’s worth it.
– Network online with other journalists and influencers, and try to find a good fit for your article.
– Build up your online presence. Find a topic that you’re passionate about and write about it on your own website or other online publications.
And our favorite approach …
Get Published on Bloomberg at The Best Rate
The AmpiFire team has recently hustled a killer deal to publish which makes getting past the editor gatekeepers published on 8-figure traffic sites affordable to anyone.
You can learn more about their quick ‘hack’ for getting any (yours or someone else’s) website or offer published on mega-authority sites like Bloomberg.com (and Nasdaq, Yahoo! News etc.) at https://ampifire.com/blog/get-any-site-published-on-bloomberg-nasdaq-yahoo-news/