Apparently political campaigns can become extremely expensive in terms of time, money and effort… and especially when you consider all possible channels for spreading the message and reaching out to the constituencies. There are so many questions that you might want to address:
- What is the purpose of the campaign? Why does it matter?
- What will be your political campaign strategy, structure and management?
- Who will fund it?
- What are you planning on spending the money on?
- How are you utilizing social media ( Twitter? Facebook? Other channels) ?
- When are you going to start the campaign?
- Are you allowed to campaign on election polling day?
- Can you crowdfund the political campaign?
- Are you looking for volunteers?
If you have already stumbled across these questions you realize the value of your time. Things do get overwhelming.
We hear you. We leave the good plan to you and we get you covered when it comes to press release writing. We want to help you out so that you can spend your valuable time on other important tasks. With our tips on writing political campaign press release, your content will have a better chance to result in increased public awareness about the campaign, and promote good government.
An effectively-written content can be your solution to attracting media and contributors’ attention to your cause and your planned events.
Let us take you through the process of writing such content so that you can set the basis for a massive marketing success in your political campaign journey.
Your Press Release should include the following information:
- Catchy headline
- Details about the campaign
- goal and objectives
- background information
- moto, slogan, relevant hashtags (optional)
- volunteer opportunities and duties (optional)
- involved/associated agencies and parties (recommended)
- planned conferences and meeting agenda, planned events (recommended)
- additional facts about funds and sponsors, opportunities for donations (optional)
- Quote from involved parties – organizer, manager, sponsor (recommended)
- Relevant image of the organizer, sponsor, or headquarters (recommended)
- Campaign website URL
- Release date
- Boilerplate – about the organizer;
- Contact information (contact person, organizer address, phone)
– SAMPLE –
Your press release will have a better chance of standing out if it includes a newsworthy hook that grabs the attention of the reader and makes reporters interested. Here’s an example you can use for inspiration or as a model for your press release to achieve exactly this result.
Victoria Johnson Announces Her Candidacy for the 2018 San Francisco Mayoral Elections
San Francisco, CA, Release: February 21, 2018. For Immediate Release
Victoria Johnson proudly announces her candidacy for the 2018 elections for Mayor of the City and Country of San Francisco .
While representing the Centre-Right coalition, Johnson is also the president of PressReleaseZen Group of Media Companies Inc. and is considered one of the most well-known marketers and entrepreneurs in California. She has been the recipient of many recognitions and awards for her work and above all for her philanthropic efforts in San Francisco, and in various regions of the state.
Johsnon plans to continue her philanthropic legacy by donating the entire mayor’s salary to worthy causes to help California youth and seniors in the state.
Election day is Friday, May 18, 2018. The mayoral elections will be held concurrently with the statewide direct primary election.
Learn more about Victoria Johnson and her campaign by visiting www.victoriajohnsonzen.com.
Name: Victoria Johnson
Organization: PressReleaseZen Group
Address: Buena Vista & Haight Street, San Francisco, CA 94117
This template can help you create your political campaign press release announcement quickly and easily. In fact, once you follow the above-mentioned rules, the writing of press releases will be indeed quick and easy, because it will become your second nature.
– TEMPLATE –
[Headline Of The Press Release]
[City] [State} Release Date: [“For Immediate Release” or a concrete date]
[Summary Section: Briefly describe your announcement]
[Insert a quote from a campaign organizer, sponsor or any party directly related to the news]
[Write an additional paragraph to provide more details about the announcement: try to respond to all relevant W-questions (where, what, why, when, who)]
[Insert another quote or another section with details about the campaign]
[Include a call to action and an URL address where the reader can find more information about the political campaign]
[Boilerplate message about the organizer: insert the following information
Organization or Political Party:
Was this information useful? Let us know in the comments below.