In This Guide:
- 16 critical elements that a new store opening press release must have like store location, opening times, and others.
- 1 new store opening press release example for effective writing insights.
- 1 customizable template to use for your own new store opening press release.
- Copywriting tips for a killer new store opening press release.
Your New Store Opening Press Release Should Include the Following Information
You should not overwhelm the reader with too many details: instead, you need to offer enough to entice their interest and provide an opportunity for them to learn more about your brand and your new store by visiting your website or your store location in person.
Let’s look at the 16 critical components your new store opening press release must have:
- Catchy headline
- Details about the new store or gift shop
- New store name
- New store location
- Products/services available at the new store
- New store opening date
- New store opening times
- New storeowner
- History of the new store brand
- Quote from involved parties – CEO, owner, manager, buyer/seller (recommended)
- Relevant image: new store logo, store building, products,owner, manager, CEO, manager (recommended)
- New store website URL
- Release date
- Boilerplate – about the store and the brand;
- Contact information (contact person, store address, phone)
– NEW STORE OPENING PRESS RELEASE SAMPLE –
Here is how you can turn a dull “check out my new store” story into a powerful press release with a solid news angle. You will see yourself that a press release announcement can, in fact, be a kind of genius next-level marketing tool.
UNIZen To Open First California Store In San Francisco In July 2020
San Francisco, CA, Release: May 17, 20.
For Immediate Release
UNIZen today announces that it will open its first California store in San Francisco’s Oasis Center at the end of July this year. The Oasis Center is the largest shopping mall in California, popular among local residents and visitors alike.
The approximately 12,100 square-foot UNIZen store will offer clothes and accessories for children ages 2-16 over two floors (2A and 3A).
The company plans to introduce its products and its upcoming autumn collection via a Pop-up store in June.
More information about the products that will be offered by UNIZen at the San Francisco location and the opening event can be found at http://www.unizen.com/SFJuly.
UNIZen is committed to creating perfect clothing that meets the needs of children’s daily lifestyles. The brand offers high quality, functional gear for toddlers and teens at affordable prices. Its main focus is on producing new and modern designs that make children comfortable.
Victoria Johnson, CEO of UNIZen California, commented that “UNIZen is honored to open our new store in the Oasis Center, a premier shopping location in California. We look forward to becoming a member of the local San Francisco community and building our reputation for excellence among local parents as well as the U.S. and international visitors on holiday in the city.”
The new store will be located in Buena Vista & Haight Street, in Oasis City Center, California’s largest open-air shopping center. It will be opened from 8 am until 9 pm Monday – Saturday.
UNIZen will set up a Pop-up store within Oasis City Center in June this year, ahead of the official store opening party in the summer. Details regarding the Pop-up store can be found on the company website and online store: http://www.unizen.com.
Name: Victoria Johnson, CEO
Address: Buena Vista & Haight Street, San Francisco, CA 94117
– NEW STORE OPENING PRESS RELEASE TEMPLATE –
Follow our tips and use the following template to create the perfect professional grade press release announcing your new store opening. Here’s everything you need to know to write press releases that engage and convert and as a result get real results and real paying clients.
[Headline Of The Press Release]
[City] [State} Release Date: [“For Immediate Release” or a concrete date][Summary Section: Briefly describe your announcement]
[Insert a quote from a company representative related to the brand, company]
[Write an additional paragraph to provide more details about the announcement: try to respond to all relevant W-questions (where, what, why, when, who)]
[Insert another quote or another section with details about the services/ products the store will offer]
[Write about the exact opening date, location, inlcude information about the opening times of the store]
[Include a call to action and an URL address where the reader can find more information about the store]
[Boilerplate message about the company: insert the following information
Now you can walk away knowing how to write professional press release announcements and how to make your potential clients happy and excited about your new store opening.
Copywriting Tips for a Killer New Store Opening Press Release
The main thing you need to know before you start writing is what type of information you need to present in your press release. Then we can work on shaping this information into the perfect press release.
Here are some copywriting tips to make your new store press release announcement appeal to your target audience in a natural way?
- You want to hook the audience with your press release and capture their attention with exciting information by avoiding any common clichés and phrases.
- Try to create a connection between the brand and the desired state you want your customers to achieve.
- Don’t miss the large opportunity to explain why your products deserve attention. The press release content is one of your opportunities to motivate your customers to visit your store and to buy.
- If you want to create content that ranks in Google and brings more traffic and store visitors, include an awesome brand description in your new store opening press release. Consider adding elements that can cause excitement like “Sale!” or “Deal.”
- You can include those keywords in the body of your press release and as part of the press release title and product descriptions. This in fact, is how you can optimize your store opening news announcement and boost your trustworthiness, authority, expertise, rankings and traffic to your store.
Hope the tips and template above can help you create the best press release for your new store opening!
Do you want your digital marketing to generate bigger results?
Discover AmpiFire and get your content published on more sites, in more ways, than old-fashioned Press Releases. Get seen on Google News, YouTube, SlideShare, Apple Podcasts and many more…
Click Here To Learn More
Frequently Asked Questions
Use a high-quality image that represents the essence of the store—be it a logo, a shot of the store building, or key products.
The website URL is where people can go to find out more or shop online. It’s your press release’s call to action.
AmpiFire can distribute your press release to a broader audience. It’s not the end-all-be-all, but it’s a tool that can help you get more traction.