- National Post Press Release vs. Submitting a News Story Tip
- How to Contact National Post to Feature Your Story
- How to Submit a Press Release & Publish Directly on National Post
- How to Get a Backlink from National Post
- Use AmpiFire to Publish to National Post
- Frequently Asked Questions
National Post Press Release vs. Submitting a News Story Tip
National Post, since its inception, has firmly positioned itself as a leading name in Canadian news platforms. With millions of visitors every month and an impressive reputation for its journalistic standards, it’s no wonder brands and individuals alike are keen on getting featured here. Most importantly, its wide readership encompasses a diverse demographic, ranging from business professionals to the general public. Therefore, understanding how to get your story on this platform can make a significant difference in your outreach efforts.
Press Release vs. News Story Tip: Which to Choose?
Getting your content on National Post isn’t just about writing a compelling story. It’s about understanding the nuances between two submission types: press releases and news story tips.
- Press Release: A formally structured piece of content that introduces and promotes a particular announcement or development related to a company, individual, product, or service. It’s designed to be picked up and published by various media outlets, and it’s meant to be seen by the public. When you publish a press release directly on National Post, you’re aiming for a wider audience to see your announcement as a news item on their platform.
- News Story Tip: Think of it as giving the journalists at National Post a heads-up about a potentially newsworthy event or development. You’re not handing them a ready-to-publish article; instead, you’re pitching an idea, a hint, something you believe could make a captivating story. Because of this, news story tips are more tailored to the specific interests of journalists looking for the next big scoop.
To sum it up, while both press releases and news story tips have their place in the media world, understanding their distinct purposes will guide you in choosing the right approach for National Post. Whether you’re aiming for a direct publication of your announcement or trying to pique the interest of a curious journalist, National Post offers the platform and the audience to make your story shine.
How to Contact National Post to Feature Your Story
Contacting National Post to get your story featured starts with a standout introduction. This isn’t just a quick email; it’s your first impression. It’s important to determine the best point of contact at National Post for your press release.
Contact Information for National Post
Below is a partial list of journalists that work for National Post, and other ways of reaching out with your press release directly.
- Deborah Stokes – Longreads Lead
- Joe O’Connor, Feature Writer
- John Racovali – Tablet Co-Leader
To submit a press release directly to National Post, you can contact the editors listed on their Contact Us page.
– Rob Roberts, Editor-in-Chief: [email protected]
– Joe Hood, Managing Editor, Financial Post: [email protected]
– Carson Jerema, Managing Editor, Comment: [email protected]
– Aileen Donnelly, Managing Editor, News: [email protected]
– Anisha Dhiman, Associate Editor, Digital: [email protected]
– Deborah Stokes, Longreads Editor: [email protected]
– Jo-Anne MacDonald, Print Lead: [email protected]
The Do’s and Don’ts of Contacting National Post
- Research: Know the type of content National Post publishes. Tailor your pitch to align with their style and audience.
- Be Concise: Keep your email brief yet informative. Long-winded pitches often lose attention.
- Follow Up: If you don’t hear back within a week, it’s okay to send a polite follow-up email.
- Mass Email: Avoid sending the same email to multiple editors. Personalize your communication.
- Overpromise: Keep your story realistic and factual. Overhyped stories can damage credibility.
- Ignore Guidelines: If National Post has specific submission guidelines, follow them meticulously.
In essence, when you’re reaching out to National Post, think of it as a strategic move. Your story isn’t just another piece of news; it’s a narrative waiting to engage, inform, and captivate. Your approach to contact them should reflect the importance and uniqueness of your story.
How to Submit a Press Release & Publish Directly on National Post
To submit a press release to National Post, start by crafting a clear, compelling press release that aligns with their editorial standards. Your press release should be newsworthy, concise, and professionally formatted. This isn’t just a shot in the dark; it’s about capturing the essence of your news in a way that resonates with the National Post and its readership.
Steps to Submit:
- Craft Your Release: Focus on a captivating headline, an engaging lead paragraph, and factual, concise content.
- Follow Format: Adhere to standard press release format – a catchy title, a clear date, introductory paragraph, body, and a ‘boilerplate’ with your company info.
- Send it Right: Identify the correct editorial department or specific editor for your topic. Customarily, submissions are accepted via email.
Leveraging AmpiFire for Distribution
While submitting directly is an option, utilizing a platform like AmpiFire can streamline the process. AmpiFire specializes in content amplification, potentially easing the distribution hurdles. They can help ensure that your press release is not only well-crafted but also reaches the right desks at National Post. Learn more about AmpiFire by visiting their official website.
Remember, though, that while such platforms can facilitate, the core quality and newsworthiness of your press release are what will ultimately earn you a spot in National Post.
How to Get a Backlink from National Post
Before diving into how to secure a backlink from the National Post, let’s clear the air about what a backlink is. Simply put, a backlink is a link from one website to another. In the digital marketing universe, backlinks from reputable sites like National Post, Newsday, or the New York Post are like gold. They not only drive traffic to your site but also boost your site’s authority in search engine rankings. More authority? Better visibility!
Securing a Backlink from National Post
Now, let’s talk strategy. Getting a backlink from National Post is a strategic maneuver, requiring more than just wishful thinking.
- Provide Valuable Content: The golden rule? Be useful. If your press release or content adds value, offers unique insights, or covers breaking news, it stands a better chance of being picked up and linked back to.
- Align with Their Audience: National Post caters to an informed readership interested in Canadian and international news, commentaries, and cultural trends. Tailor your content to match their taste and standards.
- Engage with Journalists: Building relationships with journalists and editors at National Post is key. Engage with their content, understand their interests, and when you pitch, make it personalized.
- Use Social Proof: If you can show that your content or story has already gained traction elsewhere (like mentions from other reputable sources or social media buzz), it increases the chances of National Post taking notice and linking back to your original piece.
- Follow Up, But Don’t Nag: After submitting your content or press release, a follow-up is fine, but overdoing it is a no-no. A gentle reminder is good; spamming their inbox, not so much.
Securing a backlink from a prestigious platform like National Post isn’t just about getting any link. It’s about earning a stamp of credibility and authority that reflects on your brand or story, elevating your visibility and impact online. Remember, it’s a combination of high-quality content, right timing, and a bit of networking finesse that will win you that coveted backlink.
Use AmpiFire to Publish to National Post
AmpiFire stands out as a game-changer in the realm of content amplification and distribution. Its services go beyond basic press release distribution, offering a premium suite that can significantly streamline the process of publishing directly to top-tier platforms. Currently, AmpiFire does not submit to the National Post, but it can still benefit your business’s reach. But what exactly makes AmpiFire an invaluable tool in this regard?
An Extra Edge with AmpiFire Premium
AmpiFire’s premium services position it not just as a tool for getting your story out but as a strategic partner in enhancing your brand’s presence in the media. But what benefits does AmpiFire premium provide?
- Streamlined Submission Process: AmpiFire simplifies the submission process. Users don’t need to spend hours figuring out the specifics of submitting a press release to prestigious platforms. AmpiFire’s user-friendly interface and guided steps take the guesswork out of the equation.
- Access to Premier Platforms: One of AmpiFire Premium’s most compelling features is its network of additional high-profile sites. This access is crucial for businesses aiming to reach a broader and more influential audience.
- Quality Control and Compliance: AmpiFire doesn’t just get your content out there; it ensures that your press releases meet the quality standards and editorial guidelines of major publications. This attention to detail increases the likelihood of your content being published and seen by the right eyes.
- Enhanced Visibility and Reach: By utilizing AmpiFire’s premium service, your content gains the potential for wider visibility. This platform doesn’t only distribute your content but amplifies it, giving your message the chance to reach a national, even global, audience.
- Time and Resource Efficiency: For businesses and individual content creators, time is a valuable commodity. AmpiFire’s streamlined process reduces the time and resources typically required to draft, format, and follow up on submissions, allowing users to focus on their core activities while managing their public relations effectively.
With its connections, expertise, and user-friendly approach, AmpiFire effectively bridges the gap between your content and prestigious platforms. For anyone looking to get their story featured on such an esteemed platform, leveraging AmpiFire’s services could be the key to unlocking that door.
It’s time to see more organic results and distribution done-for-you.
Discover AmpiFire and get your press releases be seen on Google News, YouTube, SlideShare, Apple Podcasts and many more…
Click Here To Learn More
Have you thought about the potential impact reaching National Post’s audience could have on your business? What’s stopping you?
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, securing a spot for your story in National Post is more accessible than you might think. While direct submissions can be challenging due to high competition and strict editorial standards, utilizing platforms like AmpiFire eases this process. They simplify submissions and increase the likelihood of acceptance, though it’s essential to remember that National Post still maintains a stringent selection process to ensure quality and relevance.
AmpiFire’s premium service is a wise investment but not for direct publishing on National Post. It can however, publish to other sites like Business Insider. It saves significant time and streamlines the process, though it’s important to balance this with the cost and consider whether the ROI fits your marketing strategy compared to other platforms like PR Newswire or Business Wire.
The key to introducing yourself to National Post is to be concise, professional, and clear about the value your story offers to their readership. Unlike casual platforms, National Post prefers straightforward, compelling pitches. It’s about striking the right balance between being informative and engaging.
Definitely, there are several do’s and don’ts. Do tailor your story to National Post’s audience and writing style. Don’t send generic pitches or follow up excessively. Unlike platforms like BuzzFeed or HuffPost, National Post values highly targeted, newsworthy content.
National Post stands out due to its credibility, wide reach, and targeted audience, making it an excellent platform for press releases. However, remember that platforms like The Globe and Mail or The Toronto Star might be more suitable for certain regional or niche stories.
Securing a backlink from National Post involves publishing high-quality, relevant content that aligns with their standards. A backlink from such a prestigious site is extremely valuable for SEO and credibility, often more so than from lesser-known sites, but it requires noteworthy, compelling content.
Yes, National Post primarily caters to a well-educated, affluent audience interested in national and international news. Tailoring your content to this demographic is crucial for success, contrasting with platforms like Vice or BuzzFeed, which target a younger, more diverse audience.
National Post boasts impressive website stats, with a vast readership and high domain authority, making it a highly attractive platform for visibility and credibility. This reach is significantly broader than niche publications or local news sites, providing a substantial audience for your content.
Publishing a press release on National Post can significantly enhance your business’s visibility, build credibility, and reach a broader yet targeted audience. These benefits are sometimes more pronounced than publishing on smaller platforms like local newspapers or specialized blogs, where the audience might be more limited.
National Post is highly competitive with other major newspapers like The Globe and Mail in terms of publishing opportunities and audience reach. It’s particularly notable for its national coverage and affluent readership, offering a different kind of prestige and exposure than more regionally focused publications like The Toronto Star.