- CBS News Press Release vs. Submitting a News Story Tip
- How to Contact CBS News to Feature Your Story
- How to Submit a Press Release & Publish Directly on CBS News
- How to Get a Backlink from CBS News
- Use AmpiFire to Publish to CBS News
- Frequently Asked Questions
CBS News Press Release vs. Submitting a News Story Tip
You’ve heard the name, seen the reports, and likely tuned into their broadcasts at least once in your life. CBS News, a division of the CBS Corporation, stands tall as one of the primary sources of news for millions of Americans and many more worldwide. Before diving into the nuances of press releases and news story tips, it’s essential to understand the magnitude of CBS News. With millions of monthly visitors, the CBS News website stands as a testament to its long-standing credibility and commitment to delivering unbiased, timely, and critical news. Because of its extensive reach, landing a spot on their platform can skyrocket your visibility.
The Tale of Two Submissions: Press Releases vs. News Story Tips
- Press Release Submission: This is a structured format where businesses or individuals provide a detailed account of an event, product launch, or any other significant news. The main aim is to inform the general public and stakeholders about developments within an organization or field. Submitting a press release directly to CBS News means you’re aiming to have your news published verbatim or with minor edits on their platform, allowing for control over the narrative.
- News Story Tips: Here’s where things get a bit more personal. Think of it as whispering a secret or a lead to a journalist’s ear. You’re not handing them a complete story, but rather a tip, a hint, or an idea that you believe is newsworthy. When you submit a news story tip to CBS, you’re urging their editorial team to dig deeper, investigate, and potentially develop a full-fledged news report. You might lose some control over the narrative, but if it’s a genuinely sensational or crucial tip, CBS journalists might take it up, giving it the attention and thoroughness it deserves.
Your choice between a press release and a news story tip depends largely on your goals. If you’re looking to maintain control and ensure your news gets out exactly as you’ve framed it, a press release is your go-to. On the other hand, if you have a tip that needs investigative flair and the touch of seasoned journalists, submitting a news story tip might be more up your alley.
How to Contact CBS News to Feature Your Story
Securing a spot on CBS News, given its mammoth audience and reputation, can be a game-changer. But, most importantly, it’s about ensuring your first impression is a lasting one. Before you craft your press release, it’s important to determine the best point of contact at CBS News for your story.
Contact Information for CBS News
Here is a partial list of journalists that work for CBS News:
- Erin Moriarty – 48 Hours Correspondent
- Alexander Tin – Staff Digital Reporter
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alextin
- Danya Bacchus – Correspondent
- Claire Moran – Producer, Face the Nation
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/moranclaire
- Grace Samuelson – Associate Producer
- Kerry Breen – News Editor
You can also submit your press release or news tip directly through CBS News.
The CBS News Investigative Unit has instructions and contact information on where to send your press release.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Contacting CBS News
- Do Your Homework: Research recent stories on CBS News related to your topic. Reference them in your pitch to show you’re familiar with their coverage.
- Be Concise: CBS receives countless pitches daily. A short, compelling, and well-structured email stands a better chance of catching their attention.
- Follow Up, but Don’t Stalk: If you don’t receive a response within a week, send a polite follow-up. But don’t overwhelm them with daily reminders.
- Avoid Generic Pitches: “I have a story you might like” won’t cut it. Be specific about why your story is unique and relevant.
- Don’t Oversell: Be confident in your pitch, but avoid making exaggerated claims. CBS News values credibility, so always stay honest and grounded.
- Respect Their Time: Don’t send the same story repeatedly if it’s been declined. Understand that not every story will be a fit, and that’s okay.
Every story has potential. It’s all about presenting it in the right way to the right people. By approaching CBS News professionally and adhering to these guidelines, you increase the chances of your story being picked up and featured.
How to Submit a Press Release & Publish Directly on CBS News
Submitting a press release to a top-tier platform like CBS News, ESPN, or Variety can be your golden ticket to widespread exposure. But besides the potential media attention, why should your business consider it? And, most importantly, how do you do it? Let’s dive in.
Your Blueprint to Press Release Submission
- Crafting Your Release: Before even thinking of submission, ensure your press release is newsworthy, concise, and written professionally. Remember, your story competes with many others, so make it stand out.
- Contact the Right Department: CBS News has multiple sections and desks, from technology to health. Pinpoint the department that aligns with your news topic and reach out to them.
- Include Media Assets: Photos, videos, infographics, and related media can boost the appeal of your press release. Ensure these are of high quality and relevant to your story.
- Wait, but Not Forever: Once submitted, give CBS News some time to review your release. However, if you don’t hear back within a week or two, consider sending a polite follow-up.
The AmpiFire Advantage
In the vast sea of press releases, standing out is crucial. Platforms like AmpiFire can streamline this process for you. While they assist in crafting and distributing your press release to multiple platforms, they can particularly help ensure that your submission aligns with the preferences of platforms like CBS News. Learn more about how AmpiFire can help your business on their website!
Elevate your brand’s reputation and visibility by targeting platforms that matter. CBS News is undoubtedly one of them. So, get your press release ready, follow the steps, and pave your way to potential national recognition.
How to Get a Backlink from CBS News
In the digital realm, backlinks are pure gold. To put it simply, a backlink is when one website links to another, granting it a kind of “vote of confidence” in the eyes of search engines. These valuable links can significantly boost your site’s credibility and SEO ranking. Therefore, securing a backlink from a prestigious site like CBS News is a coveted achievement for many. But how do you make it happen?
Strategies to Secure Your Backlink
- Offer Valuable Content: If your website or blog offers in-depth research, unique insights, or valuable data, CBS News might reference it in their stories. Ensure your content is top-notch and serves as a resource in your industry.
- Engage in Relevant Conversations: Engaging on CBS News articles through insightful comments or feedback can sometimes lead to them referencing your comment and linking back to your profile or website. Be genuine and avoid blatant self-promotion.
- Collaborate with Reporters: Establish connections with CBS News reporters. Offer them exclusive insights or tips related to their beat. If they find your input valuable, they might include a backlink to your site in their articles.
- Press Releases: As previously discussed, submitting a press release can be a direct path to securing a backlink, provided it gets picked up and your website is mentioned.
- Guest Contributions: CBS News occasionally accepts expert contributions. If you can get a piece published on their platform and reference your own website (without being overly promotional), you might just earn that coveted backlink.
Getting a backlink from CBS News is a blend of strategy, quality content, and networking. Remember, the aim is to add value to CBS News readers, not just to get a link. With persistence and dedication, you could see your website proudly referenced on one of the most reputable news platforms out there.
Use AmpiFire to Publish to CBS News
Navigating the intricacies of major news platforms like CBS News can be a daunting task, especially for individuals or businesses with limited experience in media relations. That’s where platforms like AmpiFire step in to bridge the gap. AmpiFire is a groundbreaking content amplification platform, streamlining the process of publishing and distributing content across various online channels, including prestigious outlets. However, AmpiFire does not currently offer direct submission to CBS News. By leveraging this service, users can bypass traditional hurdles and place their content in the spotlight it deserves.
Direct Publishing with AmpiFire’s Premium Service
One of AmpiFire’s standout features is its premium service. With this exclusive service, users gain several advantages:
- Optimized Content Creation: AmpiFire’s platform is adept at crafting content that not only captures attention but is also SEO-optimized. This ensures better visibility on search engines, driving organic traffic to your content.
- Efficient Distribution: The premium service distributes your content across multiple online platforms, including blogs, video sharing platforms, podcasts, and more. This multi-pronged approach maximizes reach and engagement.
- Expert Support: AmpiFire’s premium service comes with dedicated support. This means users have direct access to professionals who can guide them, offering advice on content strategy, distribution, and more.
In essence, AmpiFire’s premium service acts as a catalyst, propelling your content into the limelight of major news platforms. For brands and individuals looking to elevate their media presence, this tool is a game-changer.
Your brand’s visibility is paramount in this digital age. Are you ready to amplify your reach using the right strategies? Act now and make an informed choice for your brand’s media presence. How will you reshape your brand’s narrative in the digital realm?
Frequently Asked Questions
The significance of submitting a press release to CBS News is its capacity to reach a vast and diverse audience, thus offering brands heightened visibility and credibility.
To professionally approach CBS News and feature a story, it’s vital to be concise, factual, and present a unique angle or perspective that appeals to their audience.
When reaching out to CBS News, do ensure clarity, precision, and relevance. Don’t bombard them with too many follow-ups, and avoid being overly promotional.
Yes, one can directly publish a press release on CBS News, especially by leveraging platforms like AmpiFire that facilitate this process, ensuring more streamlined and effective publishing.
Securing a backlink from CBS News is highly beneficial because of the platform’s high domain authority, which can significantly boost a business’s online credibility and search engine ranking.
A backlink, in the realm of digital marketing, refers to a link from one website that directs traffic back to another, acting as a vote of confidence and authority in the latter’s content.
AmpiFire stands out due to its premium service which guarantees placement on top-tier news platforms, offers SEO-optimized content creation, and has a comprehensive distribution network, making it more effective than many competitors.
AmpiFire does not directly submit to CBS News. While AmpiFire significantly boosts the chances of a press release being picked up by CBS News due to its vast distribution network, like all PR endeavors, an absolute guarantee remains elusive.
Choosing CBS News over other platforms is advantageous because of its vast reach, credibility, and target audience which includes a diverse demographic, ensuring wider visibility.
Yes, there are other platforms like PR Newswire and Business Wire that also offer press release distribution services, but AmpiFire’s unique amplification process and guaranteed placements set it apart.